PTA Volunteers Needed!
There is a way for everyone to be involved in the PTA! Be a “worker bee” on a committee, send in Box Tops, co-chair an event with friends, bake/buy pastries for Staff Appreciation, be a room parent, attend Bingo Night… Our experience is that people want to help – they just need to know how! Come to our meetings or email us. And sign up for the Weekly Blast! All caregivers are welcome to volunteer. We know we have many families with two working parents, single working parents, and grandparents who volunteer their time. There are roles available for all amounts of time, both during school hours and after.
Please contact the PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What’s a Room Parent?
- A voluntary role that can be shared with other parents
- Responsibilities vary based on teacher requests: room parents might be asked to coordinate holiday celebrations or collect donations for arts and craft projects
- Most room parents offer opportunities for teacher appreciation, such as opt-in group holiday/end of year gifts
- Asking what teachers need for the class or soliciting interests is a good way to collect ideas
What about asking for money?
- Room parents have the option to ask parents to donate money
- There is a policy on gifts to staff
- Employees may not accept gifts valued at $50 or more with the exception of permitting class gifts to teachers.
- A teacher may accept a gift, or several gifts during the school year, from public school students and/or their parents and guardians, with an aggregated value of up to $150, if the gift is identified only as being from the class, and the identity of the givers and the individual amounts given are not identified to the recipient.
Attention all school, classroom, field trip and Field Day volunteers! If you plan on volunteering on a repeated basis or being regularly involved in school/class activities, it is legally required that you apply for a CORI check. CORI forms are located in your child’s school office. CORI checks usually take approx 10-14 days to clear. Due to the length of approval time, please do not wait until the last minute to apply for your CORI check.
If you plan on volunteering for Field Days, field trips, etc., it is your responsibility to call your child’s school office to verify that you have an approved CORI form on file. Please call your home school office to verify the status of your CORI. You can also call your home school office to inquire as to whether or not your CORI has expired. Please do not call the superintendent’s office inquiring about the status of your CORI. If you need further assistance, please call the Wolf Swamp School at 565-4270.